Challenges created from the evolution of global telecommunications deregulation, technological change, and shrinking margins have caused telecommunications carriers to seek new ways to more effectively optimize their wholesale businesses with real-time business decision support tools.
A vibrant new software market called Interconnect Business Optimization (IBO) has emerged which enables more efficient management of carrier-to-carrier relationships. IBO deals with the improvement of processes within carrier operations as well as with the analysis tools needed to detect and remedy areas of potential revenue leakage or cost inefficiency. IBO enables interconnect carriers to manage all carrier relations processes from beginning to end, including the ability to:
- Proactively manage volume commitments
- Quickly detect and correct negative margin relationships
- Dynamically and proactively optimize traffic routing
- Identify arbitrage opportunities
- Capitalize on structuring and managing inter-carrier agreements
- Audit all vendor invoices
- Monitor and enforce quality of service parameters with vendors
- Assure revenue streams through innovative, differentiated services
- Successfully optimize their interconnect business
By using Telarix’s iXTools®
software suite, carriers are able to directly act upon real-time business operational intelligence within their networks to drive process, decision-making, and profitability improvements. Carriers can now quickly and easily adopt low rates to international destinations, manage costs and overflows on existing routes, identify capacity opportunities on low cost routes, and ensure voice integrity, as well as stop or resolve disputes almost before they happen.
Telarix's extensive in-house expertise in the interconnect market and experience with global Tier-1 carriers ensures rapid deployment of web-based solutions that leverage existing legacy systems to deliver new levels of decision making capability to business executives. Some of our customers have achieved one hundred percent return on investment within the first 100 days after implementing iXTools. Telarix is truly able to help carriers effectively and profitably meet today’s IBO challenges, while positioning them to manage their future IBO needs as well.