On a daily basis, service providers are faced with numerous routing, service and cost alternatives to terminate traffic. iXRoute, Telarix's next generation routing optimization solution, enables service providers to further streamline and automate their routing processes by providing real time business intelligence on costs, margins, network conditions and other user defined service benchmarks.
iXRoute eliminates the limitations associated with legacy Least Cost Routing (LCR) products by allowing carriers to define business and network requirements to financially optimize their network routing.
iXRoute leverages Telarix's patented routing algorithm to incorporate a dynamic set of factors including:
- Financial considerations presented in vendor agreements, complex rate schedules, volume commitments and discounts.
- Network capabilities and constraints such as near real-time measurements of network traffic volume, quality of service and capacity.
- User defined business rules which provide objectives for quality, margin, and other benchmarks for each switch, route class, and product, and includes exclusion and override management.
iXRoute provides an intuitive interface which facilitates the definition and enforcement of routing parameters. The system's easy-to-use workflow management tool tracks routing changes from creation to network implementation, enabling breakthrough collaboration for routing and provisioning teams in the delivery of optimal network routing. Business users are able to define acceptable routing implementation parameters and receive real-time alerts when those parameters are exceeded.
Carriers can even activate route guide changes at the switch level on either a semi-automatic or fully automated basis through the system's sophisticated iXTranslate™ feature. The solution supports traditional voice switches from the industry's leading manufacturers as well as IP softswitches now being deployed by major international service providers. As a result, service providers can now make routing changes in minutes rather than hours, allowing them to react quickly and effectively to potential financial risks, opportunities or changing network conditions.Business Benefits
- Reduces costs and increases margins through more efficient traffic routing
- Enables implementation of global routing strategies in near real time
- Ability to react quickly and globally to financial risks and changing network conditions
- Provides continuous analysis of dynamically changing supplier offers, Quality of Service (QoS) and internal business objectives
- Increases productivity by activating route guide changes at the switch level on either a semi-automatic or fully automated basis
- Supports both traditional voice switches from the industry's leading manufacturers as well as today's IP softswitches
For more information on iXRoute, download our iXRoute brochure.