iXConnect is a business intelligence platform and serves as the core module for the iXTools Suite. As the central point of management and control, it collects and manages all business information such as network infrastructure elements, products, route plans, rates and agreements. iXConnect supports both single event-based CDR and aggregate-level traffic processing, providing carriers with unprecedented flexibility to transform basic call information into near real-time business intelligence on their entire interconnect network including revenues, costs, and traffic trends.
iXConnect is comprised of three main functionally integrated components:
Reference Data Management
iXConnect is the main repository for reference data that is used by all other iXTools modules. The reference data repository enables users to maintain key information including:
- Customer and vendor account details
- Point of interconnection, switches and trunks
- Products, route classes and settlement methods
- Rate offerings, rate history, and agreements
- Historical and future rate and price databases
iXConnect maintains both detailed and summary traffic data, transforming raw transactional information into business intelligence focusing on minutes, revenues, costs, traffic destinations, traffic trends, and variances for the carriers entire interconnect network. By delivering real-time decision intelligence, business and operations managers now have a holistic view of their entire interconnection operation.
iXConnect has a flexible, robust capability for defining and managing agreements between a carrier and all of its interconnect vendors, and for applying rates to traffic within the scope of each agreement. This flexible design allows the user to define and manage a variety of agreement types and rating scenarios, including:
- Multi-party settlement capabilities with no theoretical limit associated with the number of settlements or the parties/carriers associated with a single call, allowing for complex settlements such as revenue sharing.
- Enhanced Aggregate-Level Rating for volume agreements, threshold agreements, bilateral agreements, CAP agreements and discount agreements.
- Hierarchical agreement management structure which provides for aggregate-level rating on top of detail-level rating based on pre-defined aggregation rules.
iXConnect also offers a robust reporting dashboard with unique drill down functionality, providing service providers with the accurate, mission critical data required to effectively manage and report on their interconnect relationships to all organizations across the wholesale business. Traffic and rate offer management and relationship history tracking is available with a click of the mouse while real-time alerts enable carriers to react quickly to changing network conditions and margin opportunities.
- Provides unprecedented near real-time access to critical business information to effectively manage profitability and proactively guard against market risks
- Enables complete visibility into the true revenue and cost for all interconnect traffic leveraging system's unique event-based processing
- Facilitates cross-functional collaboration between sales, network operations and financial management departments
- Offers service providers with a centralized system to maintain all customer and vendor account information, interconnection agreement details, as well as revenue and cost information
- Provides robust reporting capabilities to manage all aspects of a service provider's interconnect business
For more information on iXConnect, download our iXConnect brochure.